About The TOC
The primary responsibilities
of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission's Transit Operators
- recommending the annual allocation
of federal and state funding for transit operations and capital
assistance in the Region;
- drafting the transit portion of the
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP);
- tracking the use of federal transit
funds on the TIP; and
- addressing other common transit issues
of regional interest.
Download full list of Regional Transit Operators
Corridor Transportation Association
Oakland Transportation Management Association
Regional Transit Profile
Download the Regional Transit Profile (PDF)
Programs at the Transit Operators Committee in 2016 continued to provide important technical assistance to the managers of the region’s transit agencies. These included presentations on:
- Opportunities for Southwestern Pennsylvania transit operators to participate in USDOT’s National Transit Map project
- Demonstration of Remix transit planning software
- Port Authority’s new Wayfinding signage project, including new realtime arrival displays at downtown bus stops
information on the Transit Operators Committee, contact Tom Klevan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ top ]
TOC Recent Activities Video
Dave Totten talks about SPC's Transit Operators Committee (TOC) and remarks on some of its many recent accomplishments and activities.
If you would like to request minutes from a Transit Operators Committee meeting, please e-mail Tom Klevan at email@example.com or call him at (412) 391-550 x316.