[ Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst ]
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission seeks a Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst to assist in the development, and distribution of geospatial data, applications and associated products for the SPC’s 10-county regional GIS. The position will support the various transportation and economic development planning, projects and programs at SPC.
- Create, modify, maintain, and analyze geospatial datasets.
- Perform spatial analysis for reports, graphics, and maps in support of projects and programs.
- Review existing and incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, and quality
- Design and develop standard procedures for converting and documenting geospatial data.
- Design and develop high quality cartographic products.
- Design and implement web maps in collaboration with agency staff.
- Meet with internal users and data partners as assigned to define data needs, project requirements, and required end products.
- Design and edit custom queries, scripts and other methods to meet user needs
- Provides additional data collection through the Global Positioning System (GPS) when required
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in GIS / Geography, Planning, or other closely related field.
- At least 6 months of direct experience working with ESRI GIS software.
- Experience and/or training in cartography, remote sensing, and map analysis.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Must have computer skills including proficiency in conducting data analysis
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro applications a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience/qualifications.
Email confidential resume to: email@example.com
[ top ]