SPC President and CEO
Dr. James Hassinger, SPC President and CEO, advised the Board in February that he planned to retire from SPC next year and the board has hired the firm of Krauthamer and Associates to conduct the executive search process to find his successor. During Jim’s tenure, the organization expanded to one of the largest planning agencies in the country serving both urban and rural areas in transportation and economic development planning. SPC has been recognized nationally for innovative planning approaches directed by Jim including extensive use of public engagement and technology. For more information about the position please see the following link: https://planning.org/jobs/ad/9186651/
Planning and Development Department Director
Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC), seeks an experienced professional for director of its Planning and Development Department. Position is responsible for advising, assisting and acting on behalf of the executive director in planning, development, implementation and administration of all community and economic development related programs and projects in support of the agency’s role as the region’s designated local development district. Represents the executive director at local, state and national levels on community and economic development issues.
- Advises the executive director on ways and means of planning and implementing an overall regional economic development strategy.
- Responsible for facilitating development of the region’s comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS) and related plans and programs for community and economic development.
- Directs the development of technical assistance for local governments to improve their effectiveness and to promote cooperative multi-jurisdictional planning and development.
- Creates, develops and nurtures cooperative intergovernmental and inter-agency partnerships to maximize the agency’s effectiveness and promote regional growth.
- Coordinates state related programs supporting regional economic performance and government business assistance.
- Identifies and secures the public and private funds necessary to execute the commission’s community and economic development planning activities.
- Coordinates departmental compliance with funding source program guidelines and regulations.
- Analyzes economic data to create programs to promote economic growth throughout the region.
- Directs loan and technical assistance programs to businesses and communities.
- Applies knowledge of federal and state guidelines in the development and implementation of economic development planning programs.
- Directs and coordinates staff to maximize return on investments and increase productivity.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Planning, Public/Business Administration or other closely related field.
- At least 10 years of related experience with a minimum of two years management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working with public officials at all levels in urban and rural communities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and private funding and grant programs.
- General computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications
- Email letter of interest and resume in confidence to: email@example.com
- EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
- SPC provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package; flex time, mileage reimbursement, holiday/vacation pay and more. Salary commensurate with experience.
[ top ]