SPC President and CEO
Dr. James Hassinger, SPC President and CEO, advised the Board in February that he planned to retire from SPC next year and the board has hired the firm of Krauthamer and Associates to conduct the executive search process to find his successor. During Jim’s tenure, the organization expanded to one of the largest planning agencies in the country serving both urban and rural areas in transportation and economic development planning. SPC has been recognized nationally for innovative planning approaches directed by Jim including extensive use of public engagement and technology. For more information about the position please see the following link: https://planning.org/jobs/ad/9186651/
Transportation Planner I
Participates in the development, implementation and administration of select commission transportation related programs and projects. Develops and delivers oral and written reports and presentations to internal and external concerns.
- Assists in the fulfillment of work plans for various planning initiatives.
- Maintains files of program activity data for governmental and private sectors.
- Researches, compiles, and coordinate data on economic, social, and transportation conditions.
- Analyze data using statistical methods and communicate findings through various media forms to staff and other agencies as required.
- Plan, make preparation for, and staff both technical and specialty meetings.
- Serves as a liaison with the public, government agencies, and associations developing and maintaining partnerships promoting regional transportation planning.
- Assists in the funding and grant process.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Planning, Regional Planning, Geography or other closely related field required.
- 1 – 2 years of related experience.
- General computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications.
Email letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
SPC provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package, flex-time, mileage reimbursement, holiday/vacation pay and more.