By focusing on maintaining existing infrastructure and maximizing operational efficiencies, SPC’s Transportation Operations and Safety activities support the following Regional Vision Scenario policies in our Region’s Plan:
- Revitalization and redevelopment of existing communities is a priority.
- Maintenance of the existing transportation system will be a regional priority.
- Investment in infrastructure improvement will be coordinated and targeted at the corridor level to optimize the impact of the investment.
- The region’s transportation system will be actively managed and operated to function at its full potential.
- Transportation and development choices will prioritize safe and secure multimodal and intermodal networks for people and goods.
TOSF Meetings & Minutes
SPC's Transportation Operations and Safety Forum (TOSF) provides a central regional forum to coordinate operations and safety planning and continued development, advancement, and implementation of the Regional Operations Plan and the Regional Safety Plan. By advancing operations, planners, engineers and operators can help institutionalize the concept of “working together” among transportation agencies, public safety officials, and other public and private sector interests within the SPC region.