The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) is updating its regional long range transportation and development plan. SPC is the regional planning agency serving the 10-county Southwestern Pennsylvania region. The long range transportation and development plan connects the Regional Vision to the region’s official program of projects, programs and actions.
Public Comment for Smart Moves for a Changing Region
View draft documents at www.spcregion.org/smartmoves_DRAFT.asp
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) is seeking input from the public on important draft documents that will advance investments in the region's transportation plan.
Beginning Monday, May 6, 2019, these draft documents will be available for public review on the internet at www.spcregion.org, and at the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, at the Pittsburgh Department of City Planning, at County Planning Departments, and at many public libraries in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Please note the location of your county meeting. The open houses will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted). The public is invited to attend a meeting at any point during the two hours.
- May 6, Beaver County Courthouse, Commissioners Meeting Room, 810 Third Street, Beaver
- May 9, Fayette County Chamber of Commerce, 65 West Main Street, Uniontown
- May 13, Westmoreland County Courthouse, Commissioners Meeting Room, 2 North Main Street, Greensburg
- May 22, Allegheny County and the City of Pittsburgh, SPC Conference Center, Two Chatham Center, 112 Washington Place, 4th floor, Pittsburgh
- May 23, Butler County Government Center, 1st Floor, Public Meeting Room, 124 West Diamond Street, Butler
- May 29, Lawrence County Courthouse, Commissioners Meeting Room, 430 Court Street, New Castle
**The Lawrence County public meeting will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.**
- May 30, Washington County, Courthouse Square Building, Room 103, 100 West Beau Street, Washington
- June 3, Armstrong County Commissioners Conference Room, 450 Market Street, Kittanning
- June 4, Indiana County, Indiana CareerLink, 300 Indian Springs Road, Indiana
- June 5, Greene County, Greene County Office Building, 93 East High Street, Waynesburg
Comments on the draft documents will be accepted by SPC representatives at any meeting. Written comments may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to SPC Comments at Two Chatham Center, Suite 500, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 or by fax to (412) 391-9160.
All comments must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2019.
A Force of Change Scenario Report for each category has been developed by SPC. The reports will be used, along with input from the public, to establish a range of potential strategies related to each Force of Change. These strategies were reviewed and discussed at a Regional Plan Workshop held in September 2018. The resulting list of strategies will be used to gather further public input and ultimately to update the long range plan for the Southwestern Pennsylvania region. SPC has identified forces that have effects on transportation and development in five broad categories:
This process has identified three emerging themes among the strategies: Connected Mobility, Globally Competitive Economy, Resilient Communities.
These themes have been developed through the long range plan process and each have strategies associated with them. These strategies will help address the needs of our changing region. You can find more information regarding the themes and strategies here.